||Digital Cultural Asset Manager
|Also known as:
||Digital Asset Manager, Digital Curator
||Cultural Informatics, Cultural/ Art ICT Manager
||Deals with the organization, preservation, exploitation (incl. monetization) and provision of access to the born-digital or digitized cultural content in a museum or other cultural institution (hereinafter refered to only as museums), whether in a physical or virtual space.
||To undertake the design, administration, and exploitation (incl. monetization) of a digital museum collection, according to the management plan.
- Organization of the digital cultural collections, after selection and classification, to facilitate the collections’ discovery, access and use.
- Preservation of the digital cultural asset according to best practices and international standards (format transformation, hardware/ Software emulation.
- Exploitation (incl. monetization) and provision of access to the digital content/objects in terms of functionality, technical feasibility and reliability (methods of access, authentication,
- compatibility, browsers, format) and monetization.
- Protection and safeguarding of the museum digital collection (copyright, watermarked content, cryptography).
- Sustainability and operability of the digital product assets – operational maintenance of the digital assets
- Advice the museum management on improvements.
- Usability analysis (website, application).
- Search engine optimization.
- Competitor benchmarking.
- To redact the best organization and preservation plan for born-digital or digitized cultural content/objects according to the museum needs.
- To develop, manage, and optimize the museum’s digital cultural collection.
- To be aware of the national/ international conventions or/ and the legal framework for the protection of the digital cultural property.
- To provide plan for the best possible exploitation of digital assets.
- To collaborate with the museum experts (museologists, curators, web designers, multimedia experts).
- To develop a robust grounding in theories, methods and concepts in cultural asset management.
- To be continuously informed about the new technologies and the current developments in ICT.
Collaborates with the digital media and the marketing department. Works with the curators of the museum. Interacts with:
- Physical curation department
- Communication department
- Diversity and size of the digital content.
- Number and frequency of museum visitors (traffic).
- Operability combined with the aesthetic part of the digital cultural product.
- Evaluation of the museum experience (qualitative and quantitative analysis).
- Time period of collaboration with the museum.
- IP rules clearly identified for each digital asset.